In this article, we will explore how to grow on Pinterest to get more traffic and sales for your business.
Pinterest is a platform that has proven to be very beneficial for small online businesses. It has become the go-to platform for businesses to drive traffic and sales to their websites, with many businesses reporting getting more people from Pinterest than from Instagram and YouTube combined.
So how to grow on Pinterest and what are the correct steps to follow?
The first step to creating a successful Pinterest account for business is to understand that Pinterest is a marketing tool, not just another social media platform. It is a visual search engine, much like Google, that ranks pins based on relevance to search terms in a niche.
Therefore, it is crucial to be clear on your objective when using Pinterest for your business.
The second tip is to have a clear focus on your business niche. While DIY home decor, recipes, and fashion are very popular on Pinterest, it is essential to create pins and boards relevant to your business niche.
You should name your account appropriately to let people know what you are all about and convert it to a business account to get analytics to analyze what is working and what isn’t.
The next tip is to learn about effective pin design. Not all Pinterest pins are created equal, and some pin types work better than others in growing your traffic and income. When you are selling online courses, coaching, or any digital product, how-to pins, list pins, and idea pins are the ones that work best.
How-to pins are images that lead people to your blog post where you share knowledge about helping them.
List pins include a list of items, such as “5 quick ways to reduce migraines during pregnancy,” and idea pins are short or reel videos that are more viral on Pinterest than other pins. Although, as of now, they are not clickable, Pinterest has announced that they will become clickable in 2023.
Moving on to the next step, let’s talk about Pinterest SEO. Pinterest SEO is where you optimize your account, boards, pins, and website for the Pinterest algorithm so your pins rank high in the search results.
The higher you rank in search results, the more likely your pins will be seen by potential customers, which means more traffic and sales for your business.
Here are some Pinterest SEO best practices:
- Use relevant keywords: When creating boards and pins, use keywords that describe what your business is about. Think about what words people would use to search for content related to your business.
- Write keyword-rich descriptions: Your descriptions should be rich in keywords, but also be engaging and informative. They should tell the reader what the pin is about and how it can benefit them.
- Use high-quality images: Pinterest is a visual platform, and people are more likely to engage with high-quality images. Use clear, bright images that are easy to see and will catch people’s attention.
- Optimize your boards: Make sure your boards are organized and easy to navigate. Use relevant keywords in your board titles and descriptions to help them rank in search results.
- Link to your website: Make sure you include a link to your website on every pin. This will help drive traffic to your site and increase sales.
- Monitor your analytics: Use Pinterest Analytics to track your account’s performance. This will help you see what’s working and what’s not, and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Now, let’s talk about the importance of consistency. Consistency is key when it comes to Pinterest marketing. You should aim to post new content regularly, whether it’s daily, weekly, or monthly. This will help keep your followers engaged and attract new ones.
Here are some tips for maintaining consistency:
- Create a content calendar: Plan out your content in advance so you know what you’ll be posting and when. This will help you stay organized and on track.
- Use scheduling tools: There are many scheduling tools available that will allow you to schedule your pins in advance. This can save you a lot of time and make it easier to maintain consistency.
- Repurpose content: Don’t be afraid to repurpose old content. You can update old pins with new images or descriptions and repost them to your boards.
- Be patient: Growing a successful Pinterest account takes time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Keep posting and engaging with your followers, and the results will come.
Finally, let’s talk about engagement. Engagement is key to building a successful Pinterest account. You should aim to engage with your followers regularly, responding to comments and messages, and sharing other people’s content.
Here are some tips for increasing engagement:
- Follow other accounts: Follow other accounts in your niche and engage with their content. This will help you build relationships with other businesses and attract new followers.
- Repin other people’s content: Repin other people’s content that is relevant to your business. This will show your followers that you’re engaged in your niche and help build your credibility.
- Respond to comments and messages: When someone comments on your pin or sends you a message, respond promptly and politely. This will help build trust with your followers and show that you care about their needs.
- Share other people’s content: Share content from other businesses in your niche. This will help you build relationships with other businesses and attract new followers.
In conclusion, Pinterest is a powerful marketing tool that can drive a significant amount of traffic and sales to your business. By following these steps, you can set up a successful Pinterest account for your business and start reaping the benefits of this visual search engine.
Remember to approach Pinterest as a marketing tool rather than a social media platform
Focus on your business niche, create effective pins, optimize for Pinterest SEO, be consistent with your pinning, and engage with your audience. With these strategies in place, you can grow your traffic and sales on Pinterest and take your small online business to the next level.